Interview with PureVPN
1) Does PureVPN keep any logs, IP Addresses, Timestamps, Bandwidth caps, Traffic or other data?
We do not keep activity logs [which websites you visited, DNS lookups, emails etc.]. However, we do keep session logs [access attempts to our servers (for security and troubleshooting), session durations, bandwidth used and user clicks made to our software (for features popularity tracking and improvements) etc]. You can find out more about our formal policy here: http://www.purevpn.com/term.php
2) What type of Encryption do you use?
We provide encryption upto 256bit and make sure our users data remain secure throughout.
3) Where are your servers located and what jurisdiction do you operate under?
We have 300+ servers which are located in 26 countries at the moment and we are about to launch a few more in the near future. We operate under the jurisdiction of Hong Kong since we are a Hong Kong based company.
4) How do you generally handle requests from law enforcement and copyright agencies?
We do not cooperate with any requests for information unless we are ordered by a court of competent jurisdiction and the vast majority of these requests would not be from a court of competent jurisdiction. We will protect our users to the max and our system is setup to automatically do so. We believe that there are hundreds of good reasons to be anonymous and we completely respect them.
5) Do you have access to all your servers, and does the datacenter you use log?
Yes. We have access to all our servers and data centers. Additionally, unlike other VPN providers, all servers are being managed by PureVPN itself.
6) Does your service support bittorrent?
No we do not support bittorrents in countries where its illegal by law. As of now, we allow file sharing on Turkey, Sweden, Romania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Germany (de1 only) and Russian servers. PureVPN complies with all DMCA notices and in this regard forbids its clients to involve in any illegal activities.