Interview with Anonine VPN
0)Please tell us, what is your role (in the VPN company, where do you stand, owner, marketer, advertiser etc)?
I am merely a support worker. I handle incoming email support tickets and inform the technicians if there is any worrying pattern in the tickets that could indicate any problems with the service.
1) Does Anonine keep any logs, IP Addresses, Timestamps, Bandwidth caps, Traffic or other data?
We do not keep any logs of any kind at any stage in the service. Nothing is recorded.
2) What type of Encryption do you use?
It depends on the service, the PPTP encryption is 128 bit while the OpenVPN has a strong 2048 bit encryption. The OpenVPN encryption is the standard HMAC with the default BlowFish cypher and SHA1 the message digest.
3) Where are your servers located and what jurisdiction do you operate under?
Our servers are located in Sweden and thus follows Swedish jurisdiction. The laws in Sweden concerning VPN services are fair and do not require us to keep any logs of any kind as we are not an ISP.
4) How does Anonine generally handle requests from law enforcement and copyright agencies?
By gently, but firmly, informing them that there is nothing we can do.
5) Do you have access to all your servers, and does the datacenter you use log?
Yes, we have physical access to all of our servers and regularly maintain and upgrade our servers on-site at the data center. The logs the datacenter records is the encrypted data traffic through our VPN, which they are required by Swedish law to keep as they are an ISP. However, these logs merely point back to our servers where the trace ends.
6) Does your service support bittorrent?
Bittorrent is supported, but illegal bittorrent is not allowed by our User Agreement.