Interview with avast! SecureLine VPN
0 )Please tell us, what is your role (in the VPN company, where do you stand, owner, marketer, advertiser etc)?
I am part of mobile product & marketing team.
1) Does avast! SecureLine VPN keep any logs, IP Addresses, Timestamps, Bandwidth caps, Traffic or other data?
We keep only IP, session ID and timestamps.
2) What type of Encryption do you use?
The encryption used is 256bit AES.
3) Where are your servers located and what jurisdiction do you operate under?
We operate under the law of the Czech Republic, which is in EU. The servers around the worlds are ours.
4) How do you generally handle requests from law enforcement and copyright agencies?
We are committed to ensuring that our software and services are used ethically and legally. Therefore, we have a strict Permission of Use Policy which clearly states that users may not use any of our services to transmit pornographic, defamatory or illegal material, or any material that infringes the intellectual property of third parties.
In the case of a complaint, we will vigorously respond and do our best to identify the person who violated our Permission of Use Policy and we reserve the right to terminate services to them.
5) Do you have access to all your servers, and does the datacenter you use log?
We have access to them.
6) Does your service support bittorrent?